Cable Fault Locators
in the ?
Features and Benefits
With its 20 kV output, the CDS-2010U(F) is good for fault locating cables rated up to 35 kV with a line to ground voltage of 20 kV. The high burn current of 400 mA can be used to condition a fault to reduce its arc overvoltage to permit thumping at a lower and less damaging voltage level, still at full energy. The CDS-2010U can thump a cable at just 5 kV while delivering 1000 joules. Find your fault without creating the next one.
- Constant energy, three output voltage taps at full energy
- Fully variable hipot output on all voltage taps
- TDR-ready, arc-reflection and current pulse methods
- Built in high voltage coupler for TDR interconnect
- Variable discharge rate
- High burn currents
- Portable, hand truck mounted
|Input:||120 V, 60 Hz, 20 A
(F) 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 10 A
|Hipot Output:||0 – 5/10/20 kV DC|
|Hipot Burn Current:||400/200/100 mA @ 5/10/20 kV output settings|
|Discharge Output:||1000 J at each output voltage when 100% 1|
|Discharge Rate:||6 – 10 seconds|
|TDR Interface:||Internal – arc reflection and current impulse|
|Size & Weight:
(W x D x H)
|27 x 27 x 48 in., 260 lb.
686 x 686 x 1219 mm, 118 kg
|Output Termination:||50′ HV EPR, return, and ground
EPR output cable remains flexible in cold weather
|Other Features:||Rugged, transit protected meters
Emergency OFF mushroom switch
Internal heater to limit condensation
1. This model can discharge 1000 J at only 5 kV.