DC Hipot and Megohmmeter—Two Tests in One Portable Package
The PTS-100(F) is designed as a two-piece system with a small, portable controller and high voltage section with 20 ft. shielded output cable.
Like all HVI products, the PTS-100(F) is designed to be rugged and reliable, equipped with all the features needed for portable maintenance testing of new or service aged electrical apparatus and cable.
- Two range voltmeter and five range current meter
- MΩ readings at any output voltage (w/analog meters)
- Insulated return guard circuit to bypass stray leakage currents
- Rugged case (field) with cushion grip handles and storage for leads
- Internal discharge resistors to assist external bleed resistors
- External safety interlock provision
- Automatic transit protected meters rated 100 uA for durability
- Benchtop or field controller available, analog or digital metering
|Input:||120 V, 60 Hz, 10 A
(F) 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 5 A
|Output:||0 – 100 kV DC @ 10 mA, negative polarity, positive ground|
|Voltmeter:||3.5″, scaled 0 – 50/100 kV DC, ±2% F.S.|
|Current Meter:||3.5″, scaled 0 – 1.0 uA DC, ±2% F.S. with multipliers of x 1, x 10, x 100, x 1 k, x 10k
Guard/ground load return
|Megohmmeter:||Scaled 100 -1 MΩ with multipliers of x 0.1, x 1, x 10, x 100, x 1 k|
|Size & Weight:
(W x D x H)
14 x 11 x 14 in., 30 lb.
356 x 279 x 356 mm, 14 kg
HV Tank: 9.5 x 11.75 x 14.5 in., 68 lb.
241 x 298 x 368 mm, 31 kg
|Output Cables:||20 ft. (6 m) shielded EPR output cable with alligator clamp
EPR cable stays flexible in cold weather
|Accessories:||20 ft. (6 m) return lead with alligator clamp
20 ft. (6 m) ground lead with alligator clamp
10 ft. (3 m) input line cord
Ground stick with 20 ft. (6 m) lead and clamp
For aerial lift testing, an optional 50′ (15 m) HV output cable is recommended. If 50’ of output cable is ordered, the model number becomes PTS-100U.